Saturday, October 16, 2010

Songs Inspire These Blog Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFalnBiEkk

Start off by listening to this song. I have no idea where you can get it except off of YouTube or from me, but it is worth having.

So I forget if I've mentioned it before, but I go to this thing on campus called Link. It's a group faith discovery discussion group that meets every Wednesday night.  And it seems to me that every week I take something out of the song we listen to. This week's song Today My Life Begins by Bruno Mars was the theme for the week, Today Your Life Begins.

During discussion one person brought up the point that this song makes it seem so easy to leave the past behind and move on. This isn't alright. It's definitely a great song, but completely forgetting the past is not the way to go about things. You need to embrace the good and bad of the past and learn from it and move on. Something I've been struggling with for 5 months (Some of you know why, and for those that don't, you don't want to).

Today IS  a new day and so is everyday from here on out.

People need to learn that embracing this concept is the ideal way to go through life. Think of everyday as a fresh start. Don't forget your past, your worries, your faults, but EMBRACE them. This action will only strengthen you.

I feel like I'm preaching a practice that I myself don't follow, but not from lack of trying. I was able to move forward and embrace each day as a new one for approximately 4 months. Then a random dream this past weekend while I was in Montreal with my friends just flipped my life upside down. Luckily it was only 3 days of being thrown for a loop, before I went to Link and discovered that the topic was one that fit perfectly to my needs.

Time to get all religious on y'all. But to me it seemed like it was a sign from God that he is watching over me, and does care for me. About a month ago I needed a pep-talk from my good friend Adrianna, during which she read me the poem Footprints in the Sand by Mary Stevenson. In the poem a man dreams that he is walking along a beach with the Lord and he has visions of scenes of his life. In each there are footprints in the sand, sometimes two sets and sometimes one. The man gets bothered because the Lord always promised to walk with him and during the low periods of his life there is only one set of footprints. When the man questions the Lord, the Lord replies that "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, is when I carried you".

I felt like my experience on Wednesday proved that the Lord carries you during the low periods of your life. Life is a mystery, and when it knocks you down it takes the strength and support of those that care for you to help you move on.

But sometimes you need to do this on your own, and it is during these times that you learn the most and appreciate the end result the most.

I know from experience that it isn't easy, but everyday is a new day, so live each day like it's a new life. It's been said that we only live one life, but why not think of it as just one big life with tons of mini-lives in it?

On that note this long blog post concludes. Until next time..... (Which will probably be after next week's Link)

No comments:

Post a Comment